This is a guest post I wrote on XY Planning Network.
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is an important element for both increasing the number and quality of visitors to your website. It should be an ongoing part of your regular marketing efforts.
While SEO is getting more complicated and challenging in many respects, the basic foundation — the starting point — is still rooted in the proper application of SEO keywords.
I’m often asked to address this in conferences, and I’ll be speaking at XYPN16 — but covering much more advanced topics in a session as part of the Marketing and Sales track.
So I thought it might be helpful to cover it here instead and lay a little groundwork for financial advisors looking to take action and improve their site SEO.
What Are Your SEO Keywords?
Without getting into the specifics of keyword research here, they include the name of your firm, the general services you offer, and the locations you want to target.
Start with these words and phrases when focusing on boosting SEO.
Latest posts by Brent Carnduff (see all)
- Financial Planning Keywords that Trigger Google Maps - October 13, 2018
- The Ultimate Guide to SEO for Financial Advisors - September 10, 2018
- The 4 Pillars of Digital Marketing for Financial Advisors - September 3, 2018
- Why Financial Advisors Should Include Pricing Information on their Website - July 6, 2018
- Use Professional Photos for your Digital Financial Products - June 13, 2018