Link Building for Financial Advisors
Back Links – links from other sites that point to your website – are still the most important element in the SEO process.
The on-page factors, such as keywords, title tags, URLs, and content mark-up convey to the search engines what your page is about, and are an important first step in getting found and listed on the search engine results pages (SERPs). However, if you are in a competitive market, on-page SEO alone will probably not be enough for you to rank at the top of the SERPs.
Back links allow other websites to share some of their trust and authority with your site. The more trust and authority the search engines have in your pages, the higher they will rank on search engine results pages.
Authentic Back Links
Search engines like Google and Bing, work very hard to ensure that the links that point at a site are actual “votes of confidence” for that website or page. They look for natural links, and try to ignore or penalize links that are bought, traded for, or look unnatural.
When looking for a company to help you with developing your link profile, make sure that the links that they will acquire are permanent, one-way links from reputable sites, and that they are acquired over time, not all at once.
Buying backlinks, or generating backlinks from spammy, low quality sites, will hurt your Search Engine Rankings.
At AWM we follow the changes in the search engine industry very carefully, and only use Search Engine approved techniques and strategies.
Why “Content Marketing” Isn’t Enough
One of the challenges with building backlinks, and the common misconceptions in the “build it (content) and they will come” theory of link building, is that within each industry, there are only a few (in many cases 1-2%), of online participants (the linkeratti) that are actually linking out to others. You have to be very well connected, or very lucky, to gain their attention and obtain a link from them.
We are able to identify the financial linkeratti, research the type of content that they like to link out to, and proactively put it in front of them, thereby increasing the chances of gaining valuable links.
Our Link Building Strategies
1. Guest Posting: we will identify relevant, high authority websites, arrange a guest posting opportunity, then write and submit an article of interest to their audience. The article is not in your name, our writers submit the content using their own names, but the article will link back to your web content, thereby creating a valuable back link to your website.
2. Reverse Engineering: we can analyze your top competitors to determine where they are receiving back links from, then work to develop those same links.
3. Identify the Linkeratti: we can identify other link builders within your industry, and determine what type of content they link out to.
4. Content Creation: we can help create linkable content – power blog posts, infographics, images, and video.
5. Content Promotion: We will help to actively promote your content to the linkeratti.
At AWM, we recognize that our success is measured by your success. That is why we monitor the Search Engines closely for changes, making sure that we only implement Search Engine approved SEO strategies.